Polly and I spent the weekend together. It was Epic.
1. Obedient, sober standing and waiting.
2. Wristbands! Tickets! Mini beer glass! Excitement!!!!
3. First beer: This is awesome! So much more alcohol than at a wine tasting! SO MUCH CHEAPER.
4. Third beer: The pumpkin notes are well-balanced with the traditional spices and a lovely hint of vanilla.
5. Giant pretzel time. Carb up!
6. That was a really big pretzel. I’m glad we split it. (Except maybe not.)
7. Sixth beer: Why did I waste this ticket on a Pilsner?
8. Seventh beer: Polly – This is pleasingly complex without being completely inaccessible. Penny – Let’s go get you another beer.
9. Eighth beer: Polly – Beer. Good.
10. Blinner break. (i.e. have brunch because it is still before 2, but eat enough food to satisfy you through dinner.)
11. Food baby.
12. Slow amble through artisan furniture stores. (Pretentious Clerk – May we help you ladies with beer glasses hanging from lanyards around your necks with anything? Penny – Actually, yes. You might not know, but is that a Mackintosh influence? PC – I.. Ah.. Actually. YES! We have a lot of pieces inspired by Mackintosh and Wright. Penny – Thanks so much! We’ll let you know if we need anything. Polly – That was awesome. Penny, bows.)
13. Ditch the married DDs. Time to get some porter and some men.
14. Free beer! Score!
15. See man in lederhosen. Forget the men. Find another porter.
16. Homeward bound.
17. Decide to make someone’s day with your BIL’s left-over tickets (cut-off by Sister; probably for the best). See dude in unidentified European football jersey. Target acquired.
18. Stretchy pants.